Wednesday, November 24, 2010

BYU Tree: A New Tradition

I have lots of family traditions, but my favorite are Christmas traditions. Every year, my whole family goes to my grandparents' house, where we eat food, hit a pinata, sing carols, act out a nativity scene, and exchange gifts. This year, my mom decided to start a new tradition: a BYU Christmas tree! Perhaps inspired by my going to BYU, she has gathered decorations in anticipation of decorating a tree in the basement. There are blue ornaments with Cosmo and the BYU theme, football helmets, footballs, basketballs, and other decorations, but my favorite ornaments are ones that have the names of everyone in the family who has graduated from BYU. There are four names on the tree so far: my dad, an uncle, and a couple of aunts. Eventually, my mom has hopes that she can add my name to the tree. I know it will be difficult, but this new tradition has encouraged me to keep working hard so that I can have the honor of having my own ornament up on the tree in the coming years.

No comments:

Post a Comment