Monday, November 22, 2010

Eternal Perspective

College can be a little crazy, what with all the classes, homework, and responsibilities that come from having a job and doing house chores. I finally know what it is like to be an adult. Now that I have experienced how quickly time can pass by when I am so busy, I have become worried that time will pass me by too quickly. I don't want to live life without having the experiences that make life worthwhile. What I need is an eternal perspective to determine what is important and what is less so. Dallin H. Oaks' October 2007 Conference talk titled Good, Better, Best states that "we have to forego some good things in order to choose others that are better or best because they develop faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and strengthen our families."I really like his talk because it has really helped me to determine what is important in an eternal perspective. Some worldly cares should be ignored or put on hold so that the most important things dealing with the Church and the family are given deserved attention. So, when things feel like they're reeling out of control, I just need to focus on what is really important in the long term. It brings my life back into focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment